7.26.2009

That's how we roll

We are trying to cram in a lot in the next two weeks and one of the things on my list was to go on this hike called Devil's Head that takes you up to an old fire lookout station. I heard about it on a friend's blog and it looked absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to go on Saturday afternoon, even though it looked like it was going to rain. We decided we would drive up there and see how far we could go. Well, we made it exactly halfway up when a thunderstorm rolled in and we had to turn around. Even though we didn't make it to the lookout, it was still a gorgeous hike. The wet pine trees smelled great and the kids thought hearing the thunder right above them was pretty cool (mom was not feeling the same, she was running back down the mountain).

We will try to go again on a non-thundery evening sometime before we leave!
On another note, I just have to show this picture. Saturday morning I went to lunch with some friends at the Cheesecake Factory in Denver. I brought home a chocolate cake the size of a large plate, and I was telling my friends that my kids could eat the entire thing in less than 2 minutes. Here is the proof! All that was left were some crumbs and the whip cream. BTW, I had the white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake. It was pure bliss. Especially since I didn't have to share it with my kids.
I have to add this one last thing... As I am sitting here blogging, the kids are playing on the wii. Watching Emi play made me laugh so hard!

15 comments:

Mel said...

Sorry you got rained out on your hike--at least you had a good time and saw some great scenery. By the way--emi was totally funny in that clip. I hate to see you guys go. :(

Unknown said...

I was just reading about that hike on Saturday in this Colorado book we have. It sounds really awesome.

Christina said...

I went to the Cheesecake Factory here on saturday with friends, too! Funny. You are nicer than me, though, I didn't bring anything home to my family.

Tara said...

Emi cracks me up!

Isn't that hike beautiful??? We try to do that one every year! It's so fun! Hope next time you can make it all the way...so worth it! (wouldn't want to be there with a storm, though!)

We are sure gonna miss your cute family!

Stacy and Mike said...

What an adventure to go on a hike though the possiblity of rain is real. Then to hear the thunder and lightening WOW!!! I would have been scared.OHHHHHHHHHHHH I wish I was out there with you!.

Okay Emi's little jiggle is sooooooo cute! Go WII for getting the kids up and movin'

MAstle said...

What's a little rain? That's what keeps all the other people away so you can enjoy the outdoors by yourself.

Token Asian Friend said...

I see 4 forks...I think your kids had help.

Kali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

yes :) Brian did help a little but usually he gets pushed out of the way (he would say that's the story of his life).

And it wasn't the little rain that scared us off, it was the big thunder :) Although you can see in the pic of Brian that it turned into a lot of rain.

Mick and Tiff said...

Emi's little bum is the cutest thing EVER!! You better soak up every last second of CO before you head off on your next adventure.

Angela said...

That is so dang funny! My volume isn't working on my computer so I had to watch it silent which made the whole thing even more funny to watch! That girl can move! When are you moving?

Kali said...

It is so funny I can not baleve Emi beat me!

condiefamily said...

J- We just drove thru OKC on our to and from Utah. You will love living in the Bible belt! It had the lowest gas prices on our trip. We are only about 6.5 hours away. We could meet in Dallas and play one of these days!
Good luck with the move!
Wendy

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I am glad you guys had a wonderful fun filled summer. Good luck with the move!

Grandma Austin said...

I miss you all very much.