Yes, our life is crazy. And yes, we are moving to Oklahoma City. Brian's company is opening a new office in OKC and a few months ago his old boss asked him if he would be interested in managing a department there. At the time we felt like this was a great opportunity that was handed to us (not something we would seek out, that's for sure!) so we decided to go ahead and apply for the position. Then the waiting game started. Talk about stress! Finally everything became official while we were out in Utah on vacation. So now we have to hurry and pack up and head out to the Midwest before school starts. And yes, that means we have to go through all the stress of moving again. So if I am MIA from now on, y'all know why.
I really love Colorado Springs and I like that we are (relatively) close to our families, so I can't exactly say that I am "excited" about moving to OK, but I am looking forward to a new adventure and living in a place that is the complete opposite of what I have always known. Plus I will only be 3.5 hours away from my brother and his family! Caleb is indifferent. Emi is clueless. Kali, well, she is another story. She is not excited for more changes. In fact, we were in Utah when we informed her of this move and she flat out said she would not move and she was going to stay in Utah. That was final. She told me I could come visit her. Luckily, kids adjust quickly so I'm not too worried about them.
What are we thinking???
p.s. instead of cleaning house or going grocery shopping, I am choosing to go through our Utah pictures. You can see some of them on my last post.
9 comments:
Very Crazy! I can say I'm not jealous... moving isn't fun. But you are lucky in the fact you'll have a temple close to you. OKC Temple is also our temple district. Only we have to drive 4 hours to get there! Good luck on the move. We'll look you up next time we make a temple trip!
We're going to miss you guys! Who am I going to take pictures with now??? Let us know if we can do anything to make your life a little less crazy.
Oh my goodness!! That is quite a big change!! Good luck to you guys and try not to get a mid west accent :)
I'm gonna miss you a LOT! Your just such an awesome YW leader!! It won't be the same, but I'm sure you guys will make lots of new friends. :)
~Meg
Oh, I feel for you! We have moved 14 times since we have been married.
You have made CO seem super appealing to me. I am sad for you that you are leaving such a great place.
Best of luck!
Are you back home now?
We LOVE the midwest. We've only been to OK City once, but it seemed nice :-) We're about 5 hrs. from there. Good luck with the packing, etc., and don't be too scared, we haven't gotten an accent YET.
Good luck with your new adventures. We will miss you. Whenever I hear of Oklahoma I think of the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrals when Ruprect sings the Oklahoma song. It cracks me up.
Wow! Crazy and exciting- good luck with everything! Oklahoma rocks. I've never been there or really heard anything about it.... but I'm sure it rocks... n stuff. :)
Post a Comment