7.01.2008

Karate Kids

I love the karate program my kids are in. They don't learn how to be violent or aggressive; in fact, it is just the opposite. They learn to exercise good manners, respect, good discipline, and self-control. The kids are learning a lot from their sensei. She is great with the kids, but is very strict at the same time. I am a little afraid of her, myself. No way would I try to mess with her!

Here are the kids receiving their yellow belts. It was a little crazy during the "belt presentation ceremony" so I didn't get the best shots.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wrestling with Kali and Caleb the other day until they came flying at me with combinations 1 and 2. I had to use Emi as a shield just to save myself.

meegz said...

I am thinking about putting Garrett in Karate. It sounds great! How do your kids feel about it?

Brownie Bites said...

Karate seems like such a great discipline for children to learn, boys and girls both. Looks like a lot of fun.

jamiea said...

To answer Megan, the kids LOVE it. I had put Caleb in first, and he thinks it's the coolest thing ever, and after Kali watched a few of Caleb's lessons she decided she also wanted to do it. I can see this as something they will want to stick with for a long time.

Unknown said...

Why didn't you enroll them with the Cobra Kai? They did pretty well in that tournament I saw once.

Stacy and Mike said...

I love all that Karate teaches kids. Yellow Belts... how cool is that. Kali looks so cute with her glasses as well.

Speaking of wrestling...who do you think would win in an arm wrestle these days?

Unknown said...

I used to play bball with a kid that had a Cobra Kai shirt. It was awesome. And when he was playing defense, we'd yell "sweep the leg!" Ah, the good old days (you know, last springish).

Christina said...

Jamie, that is so stinkin' cute that they are in karate. My mom kinda cringes every time I mention karate. She has some stereotype about it or something. Does your mom care at all?

jamiea said...

Stace - Are you kidding? Even if you weren't pregnant I would still win ;P I guess I will have to come down there and prove it :)

Oh, and my mom thinks karate is cool, mostly because we have to call her and ask her what words like "seiza" mean.

Christy said...

Way fun. I was linking of joining a marshal arts class for myself. I heard its good exercise!!

MAstle said...

I'll check off two grandkids whom I can't give hakugai (ask your mother what that Japanglish means). Oh well, six kids left.

Mick and Tiff said...

Rumor has it that you are visiting around the 24th. Of course we will be in Lake Powell that week. Why must you visit when we are gone? Are you trying to tell us something? j.k.

How long will you be staying?

Ellie McFreaken said...

Okay...I am the WORST friend EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!
Jaime...Happy Belated birthdya girl! WHen I get my phone back from leaving it at MEgan's and then charge the dang thing...I am going to call YOU!!!
I love you and I am sorry! It has been a whle since I've blogged!

Anonymous said...

That's fetchin awesome! Karate Kid is one of the greatest movies ever made; Mr.Miagi taught great principles.
jt

Unknown said...

Jamie inflicts hakugai on me for liking to watch Phineas and Ferb.