
Brian and I had a shopping experience at a furniture store that started out great, but ended with us being told that we were not invited to ever shop there again and we are now on a "not welcome here" list. How could this happen to nice people like us, you say? It all started last Friday night when we went to purchase a new bed. We have family coming for a visit and needed a guest bed for our guest room. The purchase went smoothly, and during the check out our salesman said our bed should be delivered in two days but to call after 1:00 p.m. tomorrow to find out the exact time. The next morning, Brian called at 10:30 to talk to customer service to make sure it would not be delivered on Sunday while we were at church. He was yelled at for not following the written instructions and calling customer service instead of this “magic” number, and for calling before 1 p.m. She also let it slip that the scheduling system had been down the night before during our purchase so our salesman was supposed to call us to confirm the date. He called just a few minutes later and we were scheduled for Sunday, but we needed to call this magic number at 1 p.m. that would tell us the time of delivery. We called at 1 and found out it was scheduled between 9-12. Right during our church. Dang. So we called customer service to see if we could change the delivery. The lady yelled at Brian for not reading the instructions and said it states that we would have to pay a $80 fee to reschedule delivery. By then Brian had had it with the customer service people being so rude so he let them know how poorly they were treating us, the customer. Finally, his manager agreed to reschedule the delivery with no penalty. Brian once again let the manager know that we were very unsatisfied with the way we had been treated. I guess that was the last straw, because the next afternoon, not the owner of the furniture store but the guy right under him called to tell us that we needed to learn how to read and follow instructions, and that we were going to be charged the $80 rescheduling fee. That was not acceptable to us, and I heard Brian yelling on the phone all the way from upstairs. The manager finally said he was just going to cancel our whole order and we are never welcome back there again! At first I was completely shocked and totally confused. How could something that is seemingly innocent on our part go so wrong? Now I think it is funny because it reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets put on a “blacklist” of every doctor in the city. I guess this big furniture store doesn't care about the little people, so we will be off to another furniture store tonight to purchase a bed. Unless this store spread the word to the whole city and we are forced to drive to
7 comments:
I can not believe that!!! I am starting to think that it is hard to come by good customer service anymore in stores. The last couple times that I have been in BabiesRus I have been treated the same way. Did you end up being able to get a bed somewhere else? I hope so. We all know it must have been pretty bad if it had Brian yelling that loud!
"Well the Jerk Store called and they're all out of you!" I didn't know that George was talking about a real place. That is amazingly poor service. Usually someone higher up in the company knows better and can fix things. What a bunch of morons.
Don't feel bad. I am not aloud to contact AT&T. They put me on their list beacause they failed to show up to two appointments and I got upset. I HATE WORKING WITH STUPID PEOPLE!!! I hope you got the bed okay the second time around. -Misa
I YELL ALL THE TIME!
My life is a Seinfeld episode! Curtis' wallet is nicknamed the "Costanza wallet" because it is so fat. My father's car had a really bad odor in it that you couldn't get rid of-we sold the car. We are always saying, "Serenity NOW!" when the kids are out of control, and Curtis failed a drug test at work because of a poppy seed muffin (just kidding-that last one I made up). If all else fails dress up Brian in a tweed sportcoat and give him your scarf so he can purchase the new bed incognito! Good luck!
Did you record Brian yelling? I would like a copy please. I will pay for it too. Customer Service? Customer Lost! Write a letter, make a Stink what can it hurt you are already blacklisted. It's too bad but it's a good blog read.
I always knew Brian was a firecracker!! That is too bad. I hate dealing with people that are so incompetent. I am glad that you got a bed for when people (meaning Mick and I) visit. I'm sure the floor wouldn't have been too comfortable for Brian to sleep on... Hee hee j/k
Post a Comment