
Saturday morning we took the kids to see the Princess and the Frog. I thought it was a decent movie, but not the best Disney flick ever made. That evening we drove waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere to an old restaurant/bar named Eischens that was featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. They are famous for their fried chicken.
Well, when we showed up the place was packed and people were fighting over tables (no hostesses here). With Brian's passive-aggressive personality, I knew we would never get a table, so we left and ate at a restaurant about a block from where we live. We just don't love fried chicken enough to get in a fist fight over it.
We spent the rest of the weekend playing games with Grandma, and Caleb thoroughly enjoyed beating the pants off of Grandma on Mario Cart. That kid has skillz.
We were sad to see Grandma go, and Kali and Caleb were very disappointed when they realized they weren't actually going to ride back to UT in Grandma's suitcase. We hope she gets to come see us again soon!
On a different topic, Emi had her preschool Christmas program on Thursday. Since Brian was out of town I showed up with the video camera in hand, ready to record every second. Well, that battery was dead. So once again I had to use my handy little Elph to do the recording. That battery also died part-way through the program, which is why I had to use my cell phone camera the rest of the weekend. Sorry you can't really see or hear much, but it's the best I could do.

5 comments:
Grandma visits are the BEST!!!! SOunds like you guys ate some yummy food :) And yes, no fried chicken is worth a fist fight.
Glad g-ma was able to visit. Cute video
Whatever, I would get into a brawl for some good fried chicken!! That meat plate sounds really good to me right now. Never tried fried bologna, I don't know what to think of that =).
I envy Carol. I worked a whole week's worth of hours the first three days of this week, so I'm taking Thursday and Friday off. I thought, Hey, we could drive to Denver. But then I remembered that we only know one family in CO anymore, and we just saw them at Thanksgiving. Guess I'll just sleep in and dream about OK. Ribs and brisket and fried chicken will be in there.
BTW, bologna was a sandwich staple when I was growing up, and we used to fry it up for snacks. Hot dogs, too. And a banana once.
I'm practicing the Wii. Thanks for showing me such a good time.
Post a Comment