After years of having difficulty breathing, especially while exercising, I finally decided to go see an allergy/asthma specialist, expecting them to fill me out a prescription for an inhaler and sending me on my way. Three hours later, I left the doctor's office with some knowledge about myself:
- My asthma is not exercise induced, it's actually caused by allergies.
- I don't enjoy having 45 needles poking my back.
- I don't like being itchy.
- I am allergic to.... everything. On a scale of 0-4 ( 0 meaning "no 'lergies" and 4 being "yikes, you're gonna be itchy"), I tested 4 on every tree, grass, and weed existing in this region.
- I have an excuse to never own a cat. Since my dad hates cats and would never own one, I guess it's not too surprising that I never knew I was allergic to cats.
- I will use every opportunity to say the word "lergies", or, more properly, "The Lergies."
- I had a lot of ear infections as a child. Yup, I remember those. Apparently they could have been caused by The Lergies.
- Besides taking allergy medication, I should start using an inhaler.


7 comments:
I hear ya--I developed allergies about 3 years ago and they are not fun. I hate sneezing all the time. But I don't know that I want to find out what I am allergic to--what difference will it make--I will still be sneezing, right???? Maybe that is why my fingernails keep cracking and breaking these days.
I've had hay fever all my life. I just tell myself I have a superior immune system.
Bummer. I don't know where you got all the allergies. Chieko's allergic to wild rye, and I've developed some mild allergies over the past few years. At least you know if hay ever gets organized and attacks, Brian's body will fight back. And you'll be ready for any flurry of floral invasions.
I hope you are not allergic to me!
BUMMER but at least you know now... Talk to you SUNDAY!! WHOOT WHOOT!
I too have the "lergies." And Tanner has borderline asthma, induced by allergies. When he was little they called it reactive airway disease. He has gotten a little better over the past few years, but mine has gotten worse. I too, was 33 when I started on the prescriptions!
Don't you love it when people's dogs jump all over you, and you try and do everything just not to cough and sneeze? Good luck, now your life will be easier!
Any word on the job situation yet?
That sounds just like Jason. He did that fun allergy test when we were living in Jackson. I still remember how his back looked after they were done with that. He was taking allergy shots for awhile. Now his allergies don't seem to be as bad. Jason's #1 thing he is most allergic to is cockroaches. I'm glad I've never wanted to own any of them. He is really allergic to cats too. Good luck! See you soon.
Hey...I want to hear about the Ragnar!
Allergic to everything.....UGH!
Post a Comment