6.26.2009

Trivia...



Can you Guess this State?
  • During a tornado in this state, a man and his wife were carried aloft in their house by a tornado. The walls and roof were blown away. However, the floor remained intact and eventually glided downward, setting the couple safely back on the ground.
  • This state had the world's first installed parking meter.
  • This state is home to the only authentic Indian City in the United States.
  • This state is home to the National Cowboy Hall of Fame.
  • A town in this state claims to be the Cow Chip Throwing Capital of the World. It is here that the World Championship Cow Chip Throw is held each April.
  • Originally Indian Territory, this state was opened to settlers in a "Land Rush" in 1889. On a given date, prospective settlers would be allowed into the territory to claim plots of land by grabbing the stakes marking each plot. A few of these settlers entered to claim land before the official start of the land run; these cheaters were called "Sooners".
  • It is the Tribal capital of the Cherokee Nation.
  • It is the home state of Garth Brooks.
  • This state has more man-made lakes than any other state, with over one million surface acres of water.
  • This state has the largest Native American population of any state in the U.S. It is tribal headquarters for 39 tribes.
Some of you are disqualified from giving the answer (you know who you are!) but the rest of you can test your US trivia knowledge!

7 comments:

Rach said...

It's Oklahoma, right?

Stephanie said...

I second Oklahoma. Why are we talking about this?

Anonymous said...

"Okalahoma where the wind comes sailing down the plains!!" :) Are those even the right words to the song? The "sooners" one gave it away for me.

Tara said...

Are you moving?????!!!!!

Mel said...

I was going to say Missouri based on the pictures. This is only because when we were there a few years ago we saw the beautiful green fields with the rolls and the corn fields. But with the other answers that I see and the hints you gave, I feel I am wrong.
Does this mean what I think it means???? I hope not! We are losing too many good members in our ward.

Stacy and Mike said...

Pick me Pick me I know I know!

leslie said...

Ummm....I did not even make it out to Colorado yet, can you stay there just a little longer? Include that in your 5 year plan. What about Vegas Ragnar....I know you want to!!