10.27.2007

What Time Is It?



After reading the title of this blog, if you didn’t automatically start singing “Summer Time!” you are not with the times! The highlight of Kali’s (age 8) summer was the premier of High School Musical 2. She had a big premier party and has been singing along to the songs ever since. Kali has a HUGE crush on Troy (Zach Efron) and has learned all of Gabriella’s dance moves.

Why are so many kids obsessed with the Disney shows? We got the Disney Chanel about a year ago, and since then Kali has introduced me to the world of the Cheetah Girls, Suite Life, and Hannah Montana. You probably heard about the recent concert tour of Hannah Montana. At 14 years old, she has outsold EVERY OTHER performer out on tour right now, including the BOSS. I also heard a report that HSM2 was the most watched TV show EVER, beating out all of the Super Bowls.

And the obsession doesn’t end with Kali! Caleb (age 5) and Emi (2) are also in love with High School Musical! I will guarantee that if you ask them “what time is it?” they will shout “it’s summer time!” Emi will also run to the couch and sit in front of the TV whenever Hannah Montana is on. I think Disney has figured out how to hypnotize them!

The most pathetic part of this story is that I also enjoy watching HSM and Hannah Montana. Brian has come home from work many times to find me watching one of these shows. It wouldn’t be quite as embarrassing if the kids weren’t playing at their friend’s house and I was watching it alone.

4 comments:

Weavers said...

Hopefully (I think) someday I will understand the craze. You're lucky you get to have more than just Ninja Turtles, Superman, Spiderman, and any other kind of man in the house. I'll offer a straight trade for one of your girls, I'll even throw in some numchucks.

Unknown said...

We don't need to trade. You can just have one. Or two, if you want.

Anonymous said...

We are just into Thomas the Train over here. Maybe we should get together Jamie and watch it together for a girls night and not tell anyone.

Bill Gates II said...

We haven't seen number II yet, but we have number 1. My kids love it too. We aren't quite up to the craze level yet, but I am sure as they get older we will be there.