
I need to start this blog by explaining that I grew up with an Asian mother, and Asians are not known for being open with their feelings. So maybe it was my upbringing, or maybe it’s just the way I have always been, but I am not a mushy-gushy type of person who has the ability to constantly give praises to people. It’s just not in my nature.
Enter my sweet, thoughtful, SENSITIVE husband of ten years. You can all imagine a husband and wife relationship (maybe you ARE this couple) where the wife constantly needs to be told by her husband how beautiful and sexy she is, that she’s the best cook and mother on the planet, and that no, those pants don’t make your butt look big. Our relationship is different. Brian showers me with compliments daily, and my usual reaction is, “Whatever. You’re just saying that because you’re supposed to.” And Brian feels that he doesn’t get enough recognition for all the great things he does. I am now going to try to redeem myself by telling the whole world that Brian is wonderful. We all know this about Brian already, but he still needs some recognition every once in a while - I know, I know. So as uncomfortable as this might make me, here goes:
When I was pregnant with Kali (our first), Brian felt so bad for me when the morning sickness hit that he called his mom to find out what he could do to help. She suggested crackers. He went to the store looking for the magic food to take away my pain. He didn’t know which brand of crackers to get so he ended up buying EVERY kind he could find! He came home with about 10 different boxes. I laughed.
One last story - when Kali was around 7, Brian decided she was old enough to start learning how other boys should treat her, so he decided to take her out on a date. He called her from work during the week and asked her out on a date for that weekend. When date night arrived he rang the door and had flowers for her, and they went to dinner and a movie. It has kind of become a tradition now and he tries to take her out on a date about once a month. It's great because sometimes Kali gets neglected when her baby sister demands all the attention, so she really needs this special one-on-one time with her dad.
I could go on but that’s already more mush than I can stand. So now I have publicly acknowledged that I have the best husband in the world. I guess that means I have to forgive him for leaving his smelly gym shoes by the door and his sweaty workout clothes in the middle of the floor this morning when I was frantically trying to clean the house before a realtor came over to show our house ;P
7 comments:
Too bad ladies . . . I'm already taken. (She didn't mention how wickedly handsome I am)
Oh yeah, did I mention my husband has a sense of humor?
Kali gets date night once a month! I haven't got date night for months. (Don't let Mick know that I am complaining!) I didn't think Brian could teach Mick anything but maybe I was wrong! Ha ha just kidding! Love ya Brian! You are a great guy.
You did forget to mention Brian's lack of muscles. Ok, Brian is making me look bad. We are going on a date to the Jazz game tonight so don't trust everything Tiffany says.
Ask Mick where he got his FREE jazz tickets from?
Tiffany
P.S. Sorry we wasted so much comment space. We are done now!
Jaime...That made me cry! I am going to miss you guys so much! Brian is such a great example of a good husband and father.
I remember Brian emailing Jaime's friends about her birthday every year. Brian you are awesome!!!
..(now don't let it get to your head too much:)
Jaime..I think I might be past Asian too!
Oh Jamie,
I'm glad you are practicing your mush!!! Maybe you could do a weekly blog that lists the things Brian does for you. Here are some more that I remember.... 1)He will call me when he doesn't know what to get you for a holiday(nevermind he forgot when you told him) 2) He will call me to babysit kids so that he can take you out on a suprise date. 3)He loves to suprise you (remember your 30th B-day?) 4) Hawaii (Need I say more?)
Okay anyway I'm glad to hear the mush once in a while. You made Angie cry. No me I'm not that mushy.
Post a Comment