10.08.2007

What kind of "snob" are you?




My friends Angie and Stacy (names not changed to protect identity) are food snobs. They only eat the best food and would NEVER be caught eating mac ‘n cheese or fruit loops. I, on the other hand, am not a food snob. First of all, I hate baking. Second of all, my friends naturally weigh like 100 pounds, and if I ate like they did I would weigh 400 pounds (I always threaten that I’m trading them in for fat friends). However, when I’m around them I will allow myself to be a food snob. One of the funnest double dates we went on was to the Melting Pot in Salt Lake City. Yuuuuum. (My grammar check tells me funnest is not a word but I don’t care!)

So I’m not a food snob. Am I a clothes snob? Although shopping for new clothes is one of my favorite past times, if truth be told, I usually hang out in my sweats all day. Am I an accessories snob? You may think so, but the truth is I hate wearing jewelry and I take it all off in my car as soon as I leave your house. Although I love to read, I can’t say I’m a book snob because I would choose to read sappy high school fiction over Undaunted Courage (Brian’s favorite book). I may seem like an exercise snob, but if I was naturally skinny (refer back to my friends I’m trading in) I would NEVER consider waking up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym. So to all of you out there who think I’m a snob about these things, I had you fooled!

So I want to know what kind of snob you think I am. I also want to know what YOU are a snob about. Be proud! And to Angie and Stacy – I did attempt to be a food snob and cooked the best Salmon dinner stolen from Oprah Winfrey’s chef. Brian was so proud he took a picture.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I just figured it out. I am a FRIEND snob! I will only keep the best, the rest are not worth my time!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I love you! Well I am also a friend snob. I wish I were a true food snob (I try) and I wish I were a furniture snob (I try) We all know I am not a clothes snob or accesory snob (I won't even try that)I am working hard at being a book snob. I'll let you know how it goes. So yea... I am a friend snob. I have a few but I wouldn't trade them for the world because they are the best and they help me develop my other snobb "ness" that I don't have quite yet.
ps. It's against blog rules to post pictures of friends that are pregnant. FYI

Jamie said...

Sorry Stace, I was going to mention that even though you are 7 months pregnant in this picture you still look FABULOUS. I'm still trading you in.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is the first time I have ever commented to a blog so here we go. First things first...Jaime did you say Salmon, recipe and Oprah in the same sentence? AH, I don't think I received that memo with the recipe!!! I will admit that I am a food snob that is no secret to anyone who even knows me just a little bit. Perhaps I too am a friend snob! I am very picky about who my time is spent with and I am a snob about those who are snobs to others and create too much negative energy for me! I think everyone should be snobby that way!
Not to make my list too long but I have to say I am a shoe snob...Ladies the shoes make it or break it for an outfit and let's all admit it...we love shoes.
For you Jamie I will say I have become more of a friend snob since you and Stace came into my life. The standards are set too high now to ever replace that!
Yeah, I think pregnant pictures should be ok as long as the funk in the trunk doesn't show :)

Mick and Tiff said...

I think I would have to say that I am a sleep snob! When I am a little onery Mick's first comment is "Did you not get enough sleep last night?" Or when Addy wakes up at 5 or 6 am I have to tell myself "She is just a little girl. She doesn't mean to make her mom crazy!!!"

Stacy and Mike said...

ps. How in the world did you put music to your blog, I LOVE IT! Teach me Teach me!

Unknown said...

Yeah, how did you put music to your blog? That is freakin sweet.

Unknown said...

Actually, I like a little funk in the trunk