Movie time.
We spent July 4 in Hyrum with Brian's family and July 24 in Murray with the Astle family. We decided these are our favorite holidays. Mostly because they involve lighting fireworks.
Annual Bear Lake trip with the Austins. What can I say, except it's our kid's most favorite vacation.
Kali had the incredible opportunity to go on a pioneer trek in Wyoming, where they went to Martin's Cove and other historical sites. It was a life changing experience for her.
Kali wasn't the only one doing lots of camping this Summer. Caleb went on an 11 year old scout trip with his new buddies. We are so grateful for our new ward!
I also hiked to the very top of Mt. Timpanogos this summer. It took us all day (mostly because we took a wrong turn and ended up hiking 16 miles instead of 13), and the last mile was pretty scary, but the view at the top was spectacular. I don't think I have ever seen so many wild flowers. Definitely one of my most favorite hikes ever.
I also had the funnest weekend in Burley, Idaho doing the Spudman Triathlon. I rode up with some of my favorite people in the world on Friday night, where we checked in, had a spaghetti and potato dinner, and camped next to the starting line next to the river. My dad and Brian came up the next morning to support me, and I rode back home with them. It was great to spend time with them also!
Brian had to go to Las Vegas for work, so I decided to tag along. (It's been AWESOME having family close by to watch the kids!!) It was hottt and super crowded, but we had a fun little get-away.
Brian was in the Vegas office all day Wednesday so I treated myself to a spa day. Massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure. It was H-E-A-V-E-N.
Eating some Ramen at a Japanese Restaurant with servers dressed up as Anime characters.
The next night we had a delicious meal at a French restaurant in Caesars Palace. We also had some frozen hot chocolate (yum!). Brian played the slots for a second, but the machine just took his money :)
The day after returning from Las Vegas, we went camping with the Weavers and my parents near Pineview Reservoir. There was a river next to our camp spot, which the kids immediately jumped into. We spent the entire next day at the reservoir, and I don't think the kids would have ever been ready to leave.
My last little get-away was to St. George to visit my friend Stacy. I took Emi with us and we had a fabulous girl's trip! We took our little girls out to dinner then to see Mary Poppins at the Tuachan. It was the perfect evening!
School starts on Tuesday so this pretty much wraps up our Summer. Sigh. I am seriously going through mourning right now. So long Summer, until we meet again next year...



2 comments:
We're glad all your summer pictures are around Utah.
That was a pretty perfect summer, for sure.
Post a Comment