The cool temps didn't stop the kids from having a blast!
I spent most of the weekend sitting by the fire.
If I have learned anything from the musical "Oklahoma," it's that Oooklahoma is where the wind comes sweeping down the plains. These winds blew the ashes from the fire everywhere. At one point I could smell a nasty smell and thought I saw smoke coming off of me, but my friends all told me I was imagining it. Ha. Turns out a huge piece of ash blew on my coat and burned a hole all the way through!
Aaaaah now THIS is the way to end a day of camping!
We spent some time today at the Wichita Wildlife Refuge.
Maybe if the weather cooperates we'll find some time to go "real" camping soon :)
1 comment:
It was awesome to wrap a day of camping watching the tourney with the kids waiting for a shower.
Post a Comment