4.29.2012

Celebrating (almost) 15 years.

Brian and I will be married 15 years this June. FIFTEEN! It's amazing to look back and see how much our lives have changed just in the last 5 years, let alone the last 15. I love the growing and the changing. And I loved celebrating our (almost) 15 year anniversary by spending the week together. First we shipped off (or flew, rather) our kids to Utah. Then we drove down to Galveston, where we went on our very first cruise.

For lunch we stopped in Houston at an English Pub (featured on Food Network's DDD), then for dinner we had some sea food in Galveston at Fisherman's Warf. Galveston was a neat town. Lots of old mansions. It kind of reminded me of New Orleans, but without all the crazy people.

And that was just the beginning of our week of EATING.EATING.EATING (which is why I had to run on the ship's treadmill...) The food on the ship was so fancy and so yummy. And there was just SO MUCH of it! By the end of the week I thought for sure they were going to have to roll me off the ship.

Life on the ship!


First day on land: Progresso. 
We spent most of the day walking around a Mayan ruins site, but we did have time to sit by the beach first.


Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins.

Top right: Temple Of The Seven Dolls.


Cenote (Sink Hole)
After walking around the ruins we enjoyed a swim in this cenote.




Fancy dinner night


Second day on land: Cozumel
Unlike our first excursion that involved walking around all day, for our stay in Cozumel we had a taxi drive us straight to the beach, where we stayed all day. Snorkeling there was amazing. Almost as amazing as being able to lay around the beach all day with a book and having waiters bring you food and drinks :)


I would definitely go on a cruise again. Besides the fantastic food and being able to lay out on the top deck all day, they also had lots of great shows every night. We got back home Saturday night, just in time for another tornado warning in our area. 
Talk about reality bites!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We should ship the kids off for a week more often.