3.05.2012

Daily dose of perspective

Well, after over 2 years of living here, I finally gave in and got an Oklahoma drivers license. I'm officially an Okie. I know y'all hate the DMV as much as I do, so don't judge me for putting it off as long as I did :)




If Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, the DMV must be the unhappiest. It was crazy there! At one point I thought there was going to be a riot. After over 2.5 hours, I finally got my paperwork in and was told I would have to go to ANOTHER agency to get my actual license made.
While I waited for my turn at the next agency a very nice and friendly blind man sat next to me, and we started chatting. At one point I complained to him about having to waste my entire afternoon at the DMV and how frustrating it was.
This man just said, "I would love to be able to drive. If I could see." Yeah that brought me to tears right there.
Thank you, kind stranger, for giving me my daily dose of perspective.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It took me three trips to the DMV to finally get the paperwork I needed so I could go to the other place to get my license.

Stacy and Mike said...

I hate the DMV! But I am so grateful I can drive! Thanks for the story! Also thanks for the pic you text me! I miss you like CRAZY!!!