8.29.2011

Our Frankenstein

This is what happens when you wrestle in the living room and your dad throws you into the corner of the piano.



Caleb's first concern was that people would make fun of his stitches.

His second concern was that he was dying (all that blood freaked him out). I guess dying isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person!

This was part of our conversation on the way to the ER:
Me: "They will numb your forehead so you won't even feel the stitches."
Caleb: "But will I be able to think?!!"
Me: "They won't numb your brain Caleb, just the skin."

He was the perfect patient at the hospital. In fact, he was so good that when the doctor told him to be still he held his breath and about made himself pass out.



Six stitches later (two on the inside, four on the outside), we have a VERY relieved boy. First, he was happy that getting the stitches didn't hurt. Second, he was pretty glad that he didn't die.



He's got quite the shiner and headache today. Now we just have to convince him that the other boys will think it's cool and they won't laugh at him. Aaaaah I love my crazy sweet boy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




2 comments:

Rach said...

OW!! That looks painful. Poor guy. And, I'm glad they didn't numb his brain. I've been missing you lately - I miss having a buddy to mess around on the camera with. Come back please!! =)

Stacy and Mike said...

I have always suspected Brian of having a bad temper esp when getting beat by his own son. :)