1.31.2011

January post

Random January pics- clockwise from top-left: frigid run with buddy Myra, Caleb gets eye glasses, Emi playing out back on Saturday in 75 degree weather, Emi giving her best karate kick, Kali in Young Womens.

Funny how it seems like so much has happened this month but I can't really think of anything interesting to post about. So instead I will just give a quick run-down of January:

* 1 ice day, which was a great excuse to stay in pajamas all day.
* A visit from my brother and his family. John cooked us all breakfast and we had a lovely time. I will be so sad when they move from Dallas this summer!
* 3 friend birthday parties. Kind of embarrassing when your kid comes home with a gift bag filled with much cooler toys than what you sent as a birthday gift.
* 3 Lunch dates/1 trip to the spa/1 trip to nail salon for pedi's with girlfriends. Is that over-pampering?
*Start of marathon training. And I am having major anxiety! I am very thankful for my training buddies who keep my mind off of the pain.
*Start of new season of American Idol. I promised myself I wasn't going to watch American Idol anymore. Nothing against AI, I am just trying to cut down on t.v. Too bad I got hooked the first night. I laughed, I cried, I laughed until I cried, and now I will probably end up watching the entire season. Love J-Lo. Also love Steven Tyler, although his constant wailing is already driving me bonkers.
* 1 big Winter storm heading our way tonight. School and everything else is already shut down for tomorrow and i'm predicting the kids get at least 2 snow days. I'm just praying the power stays on.

If you want a taste of what our normal day-to-day life is like around here, you can watch this very short clip of Emi with her favorite toy, her pillow pet. We love the movie Despicable Me, and this is Emi quoting her favorite line from the movie:




January may not be the most exciting month around here, but there is always plenty of entertainment at our house!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the picture of Emi on Saturday when it was 70 because right now it's 8 and the wind chill makes it feel like -16.

Mama C said...

So cute! We watch the movie a lot around here and that is my favorite line.

Mick and Tiff said...

I am really glad you posted that Despicable Me clip with Emi's clip. Now it makes that facebook picture with Pinks much more funny.

MAstle said...

I guess we'll have to watch the movie now. Problem is, we have snow, but we don't have snow days, so I'll have to find some empty evening to watch it.