We were all prepared for the winter storm that hit this past Monday evening. We stocked up on milk, bread, frozen pizzas, and lots of treats. We rented movies from Redbox. We ended up with about 2 inches of ice under 10 inches of snow, which meant school was canceled for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, since it doesn't snow that often here, they don't have the equipment necessary to clear the roads and parking lots when it
does snow. So basically everybody stays home until it all melts. Kali was bored to death, but Caleb and Emi had a great week! They loved staying in their pajamas all day. What I was not ready for and what finally made me snap was hearing that we are supposed to get two more storms next week. Those storms better steer clear of here because I definitely won't survive a second week of this! I have already looked into flights to Florida.
Here are some of the things the kids did to survive the week:




My friends Myra, Molly, and I train with a local running group, the OKC Landrunners, every Saturday morning. There are usually around 250-350 people who show up, but apparently only about 30-40 showed up this past Saturday. Molly was one of those brave souls, but Myra and I chose to go to the the gym instead. After running 10 miles on a treadmill, I decided I should have taken my chances with the ice! This picture was posted on the Landrunner's FB page.
Please let there be school tomorrow!
3 comments:
I like the idea of you getting a flight to Florida. We are headed there next Sunday for ten days...
That running ice picture reminds me just how crazy you runners are :)
ohh how I don't envy you! I haven't left he house since monday b/c of sick kids and I wonder if I'll ever see the light of day again. I was actually thinking of you yesterday when I thought being stuck inside the house would be a perfect time to organize things but I HATE organizing!! You need to come help me.
Vegas baby!!!
Post a Comment