Friday evening Brian and I went to a Murder Mystery party with friends from our ward. I LOVE murder mystery parties! What surprised me was how much Brian got into it. He was a conniving little devil and tried to spread lies to throw everybody off. Once again the hostesses went ALL OUT and put together a great party.
On Saturday we took a drive in the pouring rain with some friends, the Bergs, to go see some Native American dancing. Although the rain forced them to move the event indoors which cut the attendance down quite a bit, it was still a very interesting experience. The website where we found the information about the Pow Wow had a large list of "etiquette's" to follow so we didn't insult their culture. One of the big things is you are not allowed to take pictures unless you ask for permission. So the only picture I got was one I snuck with my cell phone.
The first thing we learned about the Natives is they don't care too much about sticking to a schedule. Even though they had an outline for the entire day, the singing (you know, where they beat the drums) that was supposed to start at 2 p.m. didn't start until around 3:30. We stayed for a couple hours and listened to the chanting/singing/dancing. The singing was obviously very spiritual and they took turns honoring all of their elders. The Pow Wow contest was supposed to begin after dinner at 6:30, but we figured we would be lucky if it started by 8:00, so we ended up leaving and going out to sushi instead. So all in all we had a very cultural day!

4 comments:
"Conniving little devil?" Me? Maybe that's true. Hopefully I never go on Survivor -- it was way too much fun trying to mess people up in that game. But as my luck would have it, the rumor I was spreading ended up being the truth -- I just wasn't smart enough to know it.
lol Brian that is so stinkin funny.
That is a huge group to play a murder mystery game with. We are actually doing one this Friday with some friends. I love playing them too!!! It is always fun to see how other people will dress in their character too.
how fun that would be....never done a murder dinner!
Post a Comment