
We took the opportunity over Labor Day weekend to visit Nauvoo. It was the absolute best time of year to go. The weather was perfect, everything was so green, and all of the fall flowers were in bloom.
Learning how to make brick.
There were so many beautiful flowers planted around the visitor's center and the temple. And there were tons of butterfly's.
Catching butterfly's
This is the last view the Mormons had of Nauvoo before they crossed the Mississippi river and headed for the Rockies. It's at the end of what they call the "Trail of Hope." Walking down that trail was a very moving experience.
Looking across the Mississippi river where the Mormons had to cross in the dead of Winter.
I can't imagine building thousands of wagons and then having to take them (along with their Oxen and other possessions) across the Mississippi river.
I can see why they wanted to settle in Nauvoo. It is a beautiful place!
The senior missionaries put on a great show about Nauvoo.
9 comments:
Nauvoo is hands down my most favorite family vacation we have ever taken. I want to go back again!! Except next time I will not go in July :) Love all the pictures!
That was the perfect choice for our Labor Day excursion.
We loved Nauvoo! All those pictures are so familiar. I took many of the same ones you did. There is such a special spirit there--I want to take the family back. We went in July and it was stinkin hot, so I think your Labor day weekend idea was a good one. Although the summer months does have the pageant and that was amazing. Glad you had a great time.
Hey, I have one of those bricks. Nauvoo is a great place to visit. You did go at a perfect time. We went in October, when it was cold, and there were no senior missionary programs. I still enjoyed it. I think I appreciated Carthage the most. And maybe the Trail of Hope.
There is a certain "feel" to Nauvoo. It is a great family trip.
Wow, Incredible! How neat to get to experience that!
Thanks for posting!
SO cool Jamie! Hopefully we'll make it there one day.
I am the worst friend EVER....but hey, I got on your blog right??
Love ya
My parents took me to Nauvoo before I joined the church (it was one of the experiences that helped me make up my mind) and that was in 1974! Wow, the pictures make it look so different from what I remember. I'm so glad you posted these photos. I'm so happy you had this experience!
I had lots of fun!
Post a Comment