5.24.2010

Bring on the crazy!

I know all of you parents with school aged children are feeling the end of school madness right now. I think this school year has gone by faster than any other year for us (except for the month of February, which seemed to last an entire school year on its own). Although I am looking forward to summer, I wish time would slow down just a little!

This weekend Emi had a big birthday party with all of her preschool and church friends. We had it at a gymnastics place and all of the kids had a blast. She also had her dance recital Saturday afternoon. She is still recovering from being sick, so this weekend totally wiped her out. (And me too!) This morning Emi went to her 5 y/o checkup where she got to show her doctor that she can skip and hop on one foot, and got all of her kindergarten shots. I think "getting a shot" has always been something she does when she plays "doctor," so even though I told her it would hurt, I don't think she fully understood just how much it was going to hurt. When the nurse came in to stick her she was still thinking it was all fun and games. The look of shock on her face when she got jabbed made me feel guilty. Even still, she stayed brave the whole time and was rewarded with a slurpee afterwards.

Next on our agenda is to celebrate Emi's "official" birthday tonight with just our little family, finish up this last week of school, send Kali and Caleb off to Utah, go to girl's camp, then drive straight to Utah to spend a few weeks with our family and friends! Can't wait to see you all!




8 comments:

Mel said...

Cute pixs. And yes, I totally understand the last weeks of school....hectic!!!! But when it is over, then getting out of dodge on vacation and I can hardly wait. Maybe we will run into you in UT. It will all be worth it. Although that means that I have two graduating this year into new schools and time is flying by too fast. Good luck this week.

Bill Gates II said...

Wish we could have been there:)

Christy said...

Jessica is so funny when it come to getting a shot. She walks in so brave but the second that door shuts she freaks.

Anonymous said...

My kids are done tomorrow, i am actually relieved alot of the crazy will end, only to be replaced with different crazy!

Tiffany just did her shots last week for kindergarten, can you even believe they are old enough?!

Heather said...

I am totally with you when I wish things would slow down. I am happy it is summer but I can't believe that our babies are graduated from preschool. We are very excited to be able to see you guys though!

Token Asian Friend said...

Are you coming to our ward?

Mick and Tiff said...

Cute Emi in her Snow White costume. I think dance is my most favorite thing about having a girl... Happy Belated Birthday to her and can't wait to see you guys next week.

DeAnna said...

When will you be in Utah??? I will be there from June 16-20 and July 3-10!