6.27.2010

The Paris of Oklahoma!

Is it ok to do a Memorial Day post when it's almost July? Well, I wanted to blog about our Tulsa trip before we left for UT but it didn't happen, so I am doing some catch up!

Friends: Chandler telling Monica about their big move (I looked for the clip but had to settle for the transcript)

Chandler: Umm, you know how we always said that it would be fun to move to Paris for a year? You know, you could study French cooking and I could write and we could take a picnic along the Seine and go wine tasting in Bordeaux?
Monica: Oh yeah (smiles).
Chandler: Okay, you know how that people say that Tulsa is the Paris of Oklahoma?
Monica: What? Who says that?
Chandler: People who’ve never ever been to Paris.
Monica: What’s going on?
Chandler: We’re moving to Tulsa!
Monica: Excuse me?...Tulsa, Oklahoma?!
Chandler: The Sooner State, whatever that is.
Monica: Chandler, I don’t even wanna see the musical Oklahoma!
Chandler: Really? Oh What A Beautiful Morning! Surrey With A Fringe On Top.
Monica: Are you trying to tell me that we’re moving to Oklahoma, or that you’re gay?

Boy, I had forgotten how funny that show is.

I've never been to Paris, so I'm not sure if it's exactly like Tulsa, but Tulsa was actually a very cool place and we spent a great couple of days there over Memorial weekend. This is probably horrible to say, but I loved going on a little vacation with only one kid (older two were already in UT with Grandma). We spent some time at the pool,



walked around downtown and saw some neat buildings,

Philbrook Tower
United Methodist church, one of the tallest churches I have ever seen.

went to the aquarium,





and walked the Riverwalk.


Now I have to get started on blogging our Utah trip.

1 comment:

MAstle said...

So the TV ads that I saw in Dallas encouraging people to vacation in Tulsa weren't a joke after all.