I wore 10 band aids on my feet yesterday to cover up some lovely blisters. You might think I got them from going on a long run, but alas, I got them from wearing some cheap (but super cute) high heel shoes to church. And you can bet I will wear them again this Sunday.
I read an article a while back that said husbands should not do the grocery shopping because they will buy more than what is on the shopping list, whereas the wife tends to plan out the meals, be frugal, and stick to the list. Brian and I prove that this stereotype is true. If Brian goes to the store with two items on his shopping list, he will come home with at least 15 items. Last Saturday I was busy running the kids around so I asked him to go to the store and buy 1) dinner for Sunday night, and 2) toilet paper. That's it. Not only did he buy the expensive toilet paper, he also came home with, among other things not on his shopping list, a 10 pound sack of potatoes and two large containers of salad and spinach, all of which WE ALREADY HAD! I'm going to have to get really creative to figure out how we're going to eat 20 lbs of potatoes and 4 large containers of salad fixings before they go bad.
Just so Brian doesn't feel like I'm totally picking on him, I will say that he did cook some yummy curry for dinner. I will let you cook every Sunday, as long as you let me do the shopping.
8 comments:
You can steam the spinach and freeze it. At least that is what I heard.
Two words.
Zuppa Toscana.
Yum!
BWAHAHAHAHA! That sounds like us!! We have so many potatoes in the pantry right now because "they were really really cheap!" I can't send him to the store without supervision :)
Ooooh, my Token friend, that does sound yum! It's been a few months since I've made that soup.
Potato salad, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes, baked potato bar...starting to sound like a scene from Forrest Gump. I went through 5 pounds in 2 meals just by inviting a couple people over, so host a party. Do baked potatoes and salad, and have all the guests bring a topping.
First of all- I need to see these cute shoes that make you wear 10 bandaids!
Second of all- Mick's problem at the grocery store is if I give him too big of a list (more then one or two items) he forgets and comes home with what he thought I asked for but didn't!!!
Yes where are the pictures of the cute shoes? That's what I want to see.
You make a wonderful Zuppa Toscana! Yum!
As for us. I will come home with fruits and vegies. He will come home with meats and drinks. Both of us have to go in order to get what we want because we can't buy what the other usually buys.
I love all the pictures! Beautiful children! I miss them!
Oh I have a cookbook called 101 things to do with a potato. Also I have a recipe for brownies that calls for spinach. Eric went to costco and bought a huge box of Sweet Potatos and a huge box of oranges. Then he put them up so high that I cant reach them.
Post a Comment