1.14.2010

I am offended

WHY?

anytime I am dressed up (meaning wearing anything other than sweats or PJs) when my kids come home from school, do they ask:

"Where are you going mom?"

or

"Who is coming over?"

Just because I like to be comfortable for those few precious moments in the afternoon before they come home from school doesn't mean I am a slob all day...

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Same here. Just because I shower at 4 in the afternoon doesn't mean I'm going somewhere special. It's because I haven't had a chance to shower until then- and if I didn't shower at 4, I wouldn't at all... ever. And we wouldn't want that, now would we, kids?

Rach said...

Ha Ha! My kids do the same thing when they come home and I am cleaning. They ask "Who's coming over?" I KNOW I don't just clean for company...well I guess the only time I dust is when people are coming over, but still!

Brownie Bites said...

I used to wake up and get dressed in my exercise clothes and not shower or dress until I had exercised. That didn't work very well for me. Now I at least try to have breakfast cleaned up before dinner.

meegz said...

The other day a neighbor(male) saw me walking the dog, and I was dressed for the day(seriously, just jeans and a sweater) and he says "Wow, where are you dressed up to go?" MAN OH MAN!!!

Tara said...

My neighbor next door (a man) works from home so 99% of the time he sees me (running kids to school, etc) I'm lookin' pretty scary. One day I was heading out somewhere and had actually showered & gotten ready for the day and as I was getting into my car, I hear a whistle. I turn around & it's my neighbor (ok, he's in his 50's). I think he was in shock that I wasn't wearing a hat & no makeup! I swear, my neighbors don't recognize me WITH makeup! How sad? I had a new lady move in across the street and when I said hi to her at the school, she had to ask how I knew her...then was embarrassed when she realized it was ME!! Oh man, I'm pathetic.

Stacy and Mike said...

I love this post and all the comments. I can relate!

ps. Are we still friends. I really don't like this long distance relationship ... can you move closer? Let's talk about it soon!

Ellie McFreaken said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAstle said...

A guy in his 50s whistled? So old, I doubt he could whistle. It was probably just him wheezing out his last breath.

Kali said...

I ask you because you are in your pjs most of the time.

Dirk and Trish said...

If I clean up, at all, lately, or cook dinner, Lizzie asks who's coming for dinner.