2.19.2010

Gotta be hereditary

I realize that I have not been the best blogger the last couple of months. I can't seem to muster the energy to write a great post. I don't want to be one of those people who thinks "my life will be better when....." BUT I am so done with Winter.

Is it April yet?

I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer so I will move on...

Caleb has always been a super reader. He is a great speller. Caleb has TERRIBLE handwriting. His teachers have always told us that he needs to work on his "fine motor skills." (He has a rough time just tying his shoes...) The other day as I was glancing at his reading log that we fill out every night, I realized that maybe it's genetic.



It's hard to tell which one Caleb wrote and which one Brian and I filled out. They all look about the same to me.

But honestly, who has the time or patience to focus on their handwriting?

Emeline, on the other hand, has a unique skill. Although she favors her left hand, she is ambidextrous. Now that could come in handy. (She must have inherited it from my Dad.)

To end on a happy note, I just have to say that I am so thankful for my kids. No matter how crappy of a mood I am in, my kids never fail to say something crazy or funny and I can't help but laugh. My kids make me happy!

Thank goodness February is the shortest month of the year!

7 comments:

Mel said...

My son has the worst handwriting too. Who knows why, but I can't imagine how his teachers can read it.

Unknown said...

I've always said that people who can't read my handwriting just don't have any imagination.

MAstle said...

Yup, my first grade teacher wrote "Very Sloppy" on most of my work. That's why we have keyboards (with a two Delete keys).

meegz said...

First of all -- agreed on the winter thing...not just THIS year...but every year!!! I'm with ya Debbie.:)

As for the handwriting...after SEP's this last term we decided that handwriting is our families downfall as well. I decided if you have to have a downfall at school -- handwriting is a GREAT one to have!

Keep your chin up -- Spring will be here sooooon .... I think!

Christy said...

Oh my kids have bad hand writing too. They got it from Jeremy. When he signs his name he signs Jery Hin. I have always picked on him for skipping letters in his name.

Stacy and Mike said...

Can you come visit me with your kids here in Sunny St. George (when it's not raining)!

Oh and that example of the family handwriting is hilarious!

Can you fly to Vegas on Saturday. I'm going shopping!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Hey Debbie Downer....I"m right there with ya! February is the shortest month AND the longest month. Can you fly to St. George this weekend, We're going down and taking pictures of our favorite family!!!! Wish you could seriously come!!!