This is inspired by Angie my friends/family who have been tagging me.
1. My maiden name is Jamie Astle. No middle name.
2. I am almost 5’2”
3. People think I’m Polynesian, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern, but I’m actually half Asian.
4. Brian and I just celebrated our 10-year anniversary.
5. I am a mom.
6. Until about 3 months ago I was a hard-core diet soda addict. I quit cold turkey for no real reason.
7. I now drink about 100 oz. of water a day.
8. I am addicted to Ovaltine.
9. I am addicted to exercising, especially running.
10. I have an addictive personality.
11. When I’m at home I have to wear slippers.
12. My favorite thing to wear are my cut-off red sweats and a purpleish-blue t-shirt that has a bunny on it. It’s very attractive.
13. I eat the same food every day: Steel cut oats with raisins, cinnamon, and splenda for breakfast, a big spinach salad for lunch, and some sort of meat with side of vegetable for dinner.
14. Dr. Oz’s show on Oprah about eating lots of fiber changed my life.
15. I met Brian in a Japanese class in Logan but really got to know him in a Geology class. I asked him to be my partner for a class project because Brian is from Cache Valley and I knew he would know where the rocks were that we needed to find.
16. We were friends for about two years before we started dating.
17. We were engaged less than 3 months after we officially started dating.
18. I graduated from USU in Business and have been teaching at SLCC ever since.
19. I managed to survive Brian going through graduate school while I was pregnant, teaching, and in the Relief Society presidency. Looking back, I don’t know how I survived.
20. I have the funnest friends in the world. I cherish my friends!
21. I don’t like to show my emotions.
22. I am not a crier. But,
23. I cry at random commercials, often at church, and sometimes while watching Grey’s Anatomy. (Which is a contradiction to #21.)
24. The best summer I ever had was working in Jackson Hole with my friend Stacy.
25. I expect my 9 year old to act like an adult but I baby my younger two.
26. The best vacation I have been on was to Hawaii with just Brian and NO KIDS!
27. I just ran my very first marathon. My goal was to do it in under four hours and I did it in 3:52.
28. I want to run a 3:40 marathon (Boston marathon qualifying time).
29. When I am stressed out I like to take my Sequoia to the car wash.
30. My dream is to go to Italy.
31. I love to watch High School Musical and Hannah Montana with Kali.
32. I have a huge crush on Zac Efron (so what if he’s only 20 years old!)
33. I have a huge jewelry collection. I love to accessorize!
34. My biggest fear is of dying.
35. I am also afraid of heights.
36. I absolutely HATE being late.
37. I love to organize.
38. I have to live by a routine.
39. I don’t like chaos.
40. I am a shopaholic. I’m hoping to work on that after we move to Colorado.
41. I am also a workaholic. I have had a job since I was 15 and I can’t seem to quit working even when I don’t need to.
42. I hate shrimp and mushrooms.
43. Someday I want to grow all of my vegetables and buy all of my food from Good Earth.
44. I am addicted to triathlons.
45. I am planning on doing the Spudman next summer.
46. I have a very short attention span and very little patience.
47. I surround myself with positive people. Negative people bring me down and I just don’t need that.
48. I totally copied this blog from Angie. I loved hers and started thinking about my own list and decided to write my own!
49. I love decorating my house.
50. I like to get furniture from the DI and refinish it.
51. I have read Twilight three times, which is unusual because I don’t reread or rewatch anything.
52. I have watched Hope Floats and Anne of Green Gables countless times (also very unusual).
53. My all time favorite movie is The Last of the Mohicans.
54. I could go to Disneyland once a month for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. There is definite magic there!
55. I have kissed 10 boys. They were all boyfriends except for three. One I only knew for 30 minutes, the other was a huge mistake that I try not to remember, and the other was just trying to see how many girls he could kiss before he left on his mission.
56. Sometimes I love my kids so much I could squeeze them to death and other times I could just squeeze them to death.
57. I love newborns.
58. I love hospitals.
59. I love Indian food.
60. I love a clean house.
61. I don’t like clutter.
62. I just hate to clean.
63. I am generally a very happy person.
64. I am married to the best guy – he treats me like a queen!
65. Sometimes I can be insensitive.
66. I appreciate people who are blunt and upfront.
67. I don’t like people-pleasers.
68. I still love U2.
69. I don’t like to cook.
70. I have naturally curly hair but I wear it straight most of the time.
71. Some of my nicknames include: J, Jame, Curly, mommy and mamma (and Brian sometimes calls me brick house )
72. I was recently called a Cougar. I’m not sure what to think about that.
73. I would choose to be a mom over anything else.
74. I don’t own any flat shoes.
75. I have never baked good cookies. They always turn out wrong.
76. My favorite dessert is a huge slice of chocolate cake from Maglebys and Trisha’s peanut butter cookies.
77. I find joy out of the simple things.
78. I am very easily pleased.
79. Almost my entire family and extended family lives in the same neighborhood (most on the same street) and we get together at my Grandparent’s every Sunday.
80. I used to be a huge flirt.
81. I like to throw things away.
82. The most memorable book I’ve read is the Kiterunner.
83. I love a hot cup of Postum on a cold winter morning.
84. I can change a car tire.
85. I try to sneak in a 45 minute nap in the afternoon as often as I can.
86. I can’t remember the last time I wore sunscreen.
87. I am more like my dad than my mom.
88. I have played the violin since I was nine.
89. I have no willpower or self-control.
90. I think the Office is the most painfully funny show ever.
91. I have a college degree in Japanese but can hardly speak the language.
92. I tried sushi for the first time at age 31 and now can’t get enough of it!
93. I love to watch Justin Timberlake perform. That boy has moves.
94. When I need a pick-me-up, I only need to say one word: TARGET.
95. I plan on learning how to play the piano.
96. My best friend growing up was my dog Leo.
97. Childhood friends I still keep in touch with: Cassie, Jodi, Steph. I have known them since elementary school.
98. I wish my brother and sister and their families didn’t live so far away.
99. People ask me all of the time if my boy is adopted. Seriously.
100.When I was in my early twenties I wrote a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I was thirty. I still need to climb the Tetons and get a master’s degree. Better get busy.
101.I inherited a deformed pinky toenail from my grandma.
4 comments:
You inspired my blog -- thanks for sharing so many facts about yourself. You really like hospitals????
Jaime...I loved reading this!!! SO why do you love hospitals??? Also you need to teach me how to change a tire...When all our kids are old enough you, Stacy and I are backpacking.....actually forget that, we are living it up and going to Italy!
I am just loving this whole blog thing, this is too fun!
Jamie, Have I ever told you that Jackson Hole was my favorite summer too? I loved it. We went through CHANGES that summer. You hate being late? I NEVER knew. Why are we friends? I AM ALWAYS LATE!!! Hospitals Really? Man I'm going to miss you like CRAZY!!!!!!
Sorry...you almost got 100% but you missed #89. How can you say you have no willpower?!?!?!? You quit drinking soda's cold turkey...and the whole marathon thing? I could go on and on and on....But I'll still give You an A.
I wish your brother and sister lived closer too. Colorado Springs sounds pretty nice...
Post a Comment