5.20.2015

North Carolina!

I was able to tag along with Brian to North Carolina while he had a conference in Raleigh. For some reason it is a place I have always wanted to visit. I blame it on Nicholas Sparks, since most of his books take place there. I was getting over a sickness, so I mostly laid around during the day, but that was kind of the whole point of going on the trip anyway! The trees and the southern hospitality reminded me of Oklahoma in a lot of ways. It was so green! And the people were no friendly! I miss being called "m'am", "sunshine," etc., and being told to have a "blessed day" and "y'all have a good day now."

Enjoying some North Carolina BBQ


 Hush puppies. I didn't even know what those were before we lived in Oklahoma.


We drove around Raleigh and looked at some old homes. This was at Mordecai Park.

We also drove around Duke University. One of the coolest campuses around.

Yep, this is pretty much all I do. 80* and humid out.

After Brian finished up with his conference on Thursday afternoon, we drove out to the Outer Banks. It was a beautiful drive.



We stayed at a hotel about a block from here.


No comments: