7.06.2014

May is CRAZY and I think I lost my mind

I wasn't sure if I would survive May. On top of all of the end-of-year madness, I decided to schedule my shoulder surgery for a week before school got out. Don't ask me why...I was not thinking rationally. Luckily the recovery went pretty smoothly, and although I will be in physical therapy for about 12 weeks, things went a lot better than I was expecting, so I am very relieved about that.

This year we decided to put Emi in A.L.L (an accelerated program) and it was a lot more work than we were anticipating. It took her until after Christmas before she stopped struggling. Her teacher was AMAZING and did so much fun things for the class, so all in all, she had a great experience.


Field trip to the Leonardo Museum


Helping the class paint their 3D maps. They worked on many huge projects throughout the year.


Emi's class showing us the many things they learned during the year.

One of MANY recitals the kids had in May.

We also had our back yard put in. Yay!

Me taking selfies right after shoulder surgery before the drugs wore off. Not safe.



And another picture of Apollo. Just because.



To add to the madness, Emi's birthday was the weekend before school got out. We celebrated with the family (plus Emi's friend Addie) and we all had a great day.

Memorial Day!

On the day school got out, my friend Jess and I went on a very quick road trip to Iowa to visit a friend from her hometown. She called me on Thursday to see if I wanted to tag along, and we were on the road 24 hours later! It was a quick 4 day trip, but spending time with Jessica never gets old, so we had a great time! 





1 comment:

Brian Austin said...

Iowa weekend. Not your typical girl's toad trip.