3.19.2011

I Love Technology (but not as much as you, you see)...

We are on our way back home from a very long road trip. We have gone through Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and we still need to go through Tennessee (maybe we'll get to stop in Memphis) and Arkansas before we make it back home to Oklahoma. And I am excited that I found this blogging app so I can blog on the road. I've been wanting to take a picture of the "Welcome to ____" signs as we cross into each state, but I am always too slow getting my camera out. It has been pretty funny. So far I have only snapped one.



One cool place we stopped at was Birmingham, Alabama. I just watched this documentary on Maya Angelou and she was talking about being there with Matin Luther King Jr. during the civil rights movement. We drove to the church where the 4 young girls were killed when it was bombed by KKK members. We didn't have time to tour the area, but it was cool to be in a spot that was so important in our history.











For my next post prepare for some major picture overload from our trip to the most magical place on earth!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

meegz said...

VERY Cool that you can post from your phone -- I've tried it but can't upload photos -- gonna have to check it out. Ummm, where have you been? Has your blog been private? Have i missed all of your posts due to ignorance?

Well -- anyway, it seems you were never gone -- but good to have you back.:)
And I'm envious of the road trip -- I have been planning one of those in my head for years.:)

Unknown said...

You should watch this sometime: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118540/ It's a movie about those 4 little girls. We watched it in a film class I had and it's pretty good.