We got in Sunday evening and stopped at Giordano's for some Chicago style stuffed pizza. It was possibly the best pizza I've ever had. Thin crust, stuffed with TONS of real mozzarella cheese, topped with LOTS of amazing marinara sauce. I'm drooling again just thinking about it...
The next morning I went on a run along Lake Michigan while Brian was in a meeting. We stayed in a hotel right downtown about 1 mile from the lake. It was fun to run through downtown and then have this amazing view of the city and the lake for the rest of my run! Would I sound crazy if I said I got a little emotional? Yes? Then I didn't say that.
There are so many restaurants in Chicago, it was hard to decide where to go during our limited time. I think we made a good choice for this lunch. We laughed at the "left-handed" chopsticks.
I really wanted to go to the top of the Sears Tower (I refuse to call it the Willis Tower), but unfortunately it was overcast the entire time we were there and visibility at the top was a big fat ZERO, so we weren't able to go. Oh well. We still saw other cool stuff. Like the Bean. You know how you see art sculptures sometimes and you think, "I don't get it."? Well, I was expecting to think that of the Bean, but holy cow, it was so cool! Definitely worth visiting.
Walking around Millennium Park.
I guess small-town folk like us have a lot to learn about the big city.
I didn't have a hard time deciding where to go for dinner Monday night! I love Guilianna and Bill Rancic (a reality show couple), and I was dying to go to their new restaurant! Everything about the place was amazing! It is uber chic, decorated all black and white. Black tables, white chairs, the servers all wear white jackets.... And the food is incredible!
Some kind of beat and cheese antipasti (top), and Mama Depandi's spaghetti! It was magnifico!
Tuesday morning we took a short drive to Wrigley field and then had Chicago-style hot dogs at Hot Doug's for lunch. Yum Yum!
And that pretty much covers our short trip to Chicago. What a fun city! I am so glad that I went! I think I should make a habit out of tagging along with Brian on his trips from now on.
3 comments:
I think Hot Doug's was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
Looks like you had a great time. I enjoyed the last time I was in Chicago, but I'm not so sure the next trip in February will be so great. Who goes in February?
Now I am hungry just like when I ready your dad's blog. No sushi to be found here in Newton County Arkansas.
Post a Comment